2017 is just around the corner and before the year ends, there are few things we’d like to get off our chests. 2016 has been a very interesting year to say the least, from social media, friendships, to love and even politics…well…you know what they say; some things are meant to be left behind.
So here’s a list of somefew things/trends we’re ditching in 2017:
1. Throwing shade – Leave the pettiness behind, especially if you’re not getting any response from whoever you’re directing it at, they don’t care. Let it go. Some say they are “unbothered” but clearly you are if you keep throwing jabs. Take it up to The Shaderoom.
2. That no good guy aka the ultimate Fuck Boy- Before you end up looking stupid like Toke Makinwa. Stop going back, stop letting him use you girl, you’re better than that. Leave those Majes alone!
3. Lipsticks that do not work for your skin tone – I thought we let that one go a couple of years back but I guess some people never got the memo. Youtube and IG are your best friend. Research and learn which colors works best on you.
4. Dashikis- Hmm not sure about this one, people really overdid it this year. We are more than happy than the dashiki print were rocked by other races, but please it was starting to get over done ! We are here for African prints but let’s be a little more diverse for instance, try some ankara, kente, etc.
5. Stunting – “stuntin’ Like my daddy…” No. Simple. If you don’t have it, don’t flaunt it. The goal is to be winning not act like you’re winning…don’t let these social media lives fool ya.
6. Doomed friendships: Let’s face it, not everyone is meant to be in your life. Not saying it isn’t a good idea to try and patch things up but if the friendship isn’t working out anymore, don’t force it. All you can do is move on and wish them the best, as sad as it is. Just do what’s best for you.
7. Lying – “You ain’t gotta lie, Craig, you ain’t gotta lie.” Long shot because we all do it but let’s try to do less of it.
8. Makeup – Let those big blocked eyebrows die!!! Let’s not forget to BLEND! BLEND!! BLEND!!! Those contour and highlights. Again, there are plenty of YouTube videos out there to learn from.
9. Negative Energy – if it doesn’t add value to your life then don’t be a part of drama, gossips, and unwanted people who drag you down.
10. 2016- Say no more. Let’s just leave it all behind 😩